Eureka

As you know, I recently acquired a 2nd-hand camera; a Canon EOS 300D. But by some happenstance, I chanced upon something about my camera. Apparently, it shares the same platform and almost the same CMOS (or Complementary metal–oxide–semiconductor - which is used in microprocessors, static RAM, and other digital logic circuits) as its bigger and costlier brother; the EOS 10D. Because of this, it's possible to install unofficial firmware modifications (or hacks) to enable some of the features on the 10D that were disabled in the 300D. They include allowing a higher ISO setting, flash exposure control, mirror lockup, single-shot auto focus and and a host of other custom functionalities. Given that the 10D used to cost more than twice the 300D, I was of course anxious to check with the previous owner if his camera was "juiced" up. To my delight, the answer was a resounding 'yes'. Not that I've mastered the basic functions of the 300D, but knowing that my camera has additional functions is an added boost for me to do so ; )

In any case, I've been making photographic hay while the sun shines (and even when it doesn't - haha). Ju-Lyn (who's a good friend with her heart in the right place), Van (another friend who's more active than some of my male friends) and I took some shots of our department's latest cohesion event. You can check them out at 'My Photo Album' to the right of my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being A Dad in My Fifties

Another First

Good Friends