Farewell - Part 1

As part of my farewell, my officers and some of my friends in the office have arranged a series of dos, most of which involve drinking, to pave the way towards my final day at work. I must say I'm very touched by the attention and I really appreciate all their efforts. Its an understatement to say that I'll miss them and their friendship.

To start the ball rolling, we were at Timbre at Old School last Thursday. We arrived at 7.30 pm and didn't leave until 12 am. We had a roaring good time, what with beers, wines, cocktails, shots and all. When the first tray of tequila shots came, I had to down 3 at one go. And this was after 1 pint of beer, half a glass of wine and not much food. For those familiar with the properties of tequila, it has the ability to knock you out when you least expect it. Throughout the rest of the evening, I had 2 shots of B52 and sea breeze and God knows how many other shots of whiskey, courtesy of my friends buying a whole bottle of Chivas Regal. Of course, this was peppered by catching up with my old officers, Peggy, Janice and Min.

All in all, I had a wonderful time, never mind I had to 'merlion' 3 times. But this allowed me to keep myself sober for more drinking. Although our fellow patrons might think that we were drinking too much, it was really all in good fun. Even my current boss, Chad-Son, had to down a few cos Yi Young couldn't make it for his farewell next month. Not that I mind since there's someone else taking the heat for me. And the music wasn't bad too, especially when the lady singer started to sing the Wonder Girls' famous 'Nobody' song. It had the whole audience up in arms trying to mimic the hand movements that popularised the group! I must say I was pleasantly surprised even though I was somewhat wasted by then. I'm not sure what I did in response to the song being played. I take the fact that no one has said anything to me as a good sign that I didn't do anything I might regret.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being A Dad in My Fifties

Good Friends

Another First