Tiger Ladies

As we enter the Tiger Year, I can't help thinking of all the Tiger ladies I've met in the course of my life. [I'm not being sexiest here, but I don't have many Tiger male friends, so I can't really comment on them.] Although I'm not into Chinese horoscope, and the Chinese believe that people born in the year of the 12 zodiac animals have some of their traits, most of the Tiger ladies I've come across do exhibit certain feline characteristics. They're strong and smart, but also highly competitive and territorial. In fact, woebegone to anyone who crosses their path. They're fiercely loyal but can nurse grudges, so you need to be on your toes if you work with them. If they're your friends, then you probably enjoy some latitude. But even then, you shouldn't take things for granted because as the Chinese also say, "one mountain cannot have 2 tigers".

What I admire most about my Tiger lady acquaintances, colleagues and friends is the fact that they're agile and adaptable. They can thrive in almost any circumstances and always seem to have things under control. For some reasons, bosses like them, even though men in general may not. The latter is because men tend not to appreciate dominant females, which they fear could become domineering. Even though we've stopped roaming the wilderness being hunter-gatherers, it's innate in most men to feel that they're the stronger sex. Of course, we still are in this day and age. But only in the physical sense. If you consider other aspects, women are equal. In fact, some of them do better than their male counterparts.

But of course, there are those men who don't mind accommodating stronger female partners and spouses. After all, not all males are alpha males back in the days when we roamed the wilderness. I can think of SNAGs who would be perfectly fine playing a more supportive role. But the question is whether all ladies, and not just those born in the Tiger year, want SNAGs. I think they generally don't mind having SNAGs as boyfriends and husbands, provided the men in their lives are not more sensitive than they are. Which brings us to Tiger ladies. While I think they like more accommodating men, I don't think they can stand having their men be overly sensitive. I can think of 2 reasons for this. First, being strong, they may see sensitiveness as a weakness. They either believe this or they've internalised this to the extent that they no longer question this. Second, sensitive men may remind them constantly of the reversal of roles in their relationships. I'm not saying that they're in abnormal relationships, but you tend to see males in more assertive roles as compared to women in general. Thus, even if Tiger ladies want sensitive men, they need to be assured that these men can be strong if need be. So I must say I don't envy these men. But then again, one man's food is another man's poison.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being A Dad in My Fifties

Another First

Good Friends