Giving Thanks

I've always wanted to get back to writing my blog, but as my life settles into a good rhythm, I find it harder to take the time and effort to do so.  From hindsight, I think I wrote more in the past because I was going through tough times in my life.  Writing allowed me to verbalise my trials and testings in a way that was cathartic. and necessary for my healing.  

You might wonder why I titled my post 'Giving Thanks'.  It's because I want to thank my God for rescuing me from the valley of hopelessness I was in.  When I was going through it all, I didn't think I could make it.  But He was there throughout and he brought a wonderful lady into my life; someone who stood by me through the years that it took me to recover.  And all the time, He comforted and cared for me as I lapsed in and out of negative and depressed thoughts.  I've never understood my faith the way I appreciated it when I was down and out.  Perhaps it's true what they say.  We do appreciate things and give thanks more when the ride gets tough.  

To me, it wasn't just using religion to occupy my mind while time healed my pain.  No, it was my faith and the love of my Abba Father which calmed my fears about my future and gave me hope to carry on.  Although I've always claimed to be a follower, I had never internalised the tenets of my faith.  That is, until I had to walk through the valley of the shadow of death.  Only then did I know that I need not fear for He is with me.  One of the main reasons I recovered was because I forgave the wrongdoings done to me.  And this was not possible if not for His love and how much He forgave me first.  Appreciating this makes me unable (or less able initially) to hold the grudge in my heart.  

So I give thanks to the holy one in my faith and I am thankful for all that I have!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being A Dad in My Fifties

Another First

Good Friends