Eventful Friday

When I came to work yesterday, I had the most pleasant of surprises. The people in my branch had taken the trouble to clean up and decorate my cubicle. The former cos I tend to be a bit untidy. The latter cos my birthday's coming. Given that they had stayed behind after work on Thursday evening to get everything done, I was touched to say the least. What they did was to play on my name Don and decorated my cubicle into a sushi place selling all types of don, which of course is rice in Japanese. There was also a trail of paper cockroaches being attracted to my cubicle in view of the 'food' on my table and the wall immediately behind my chair. I had a good laugh and some of the other colleagues joined in the fun too. I must say I really appreciate the time and effort they took to give me the surprise.

For lunch, my people, a friend from another branch and I went to Lot1. No prize for guessing what we ate - sushi of course. But we passed on the mini dons promotion ; ) After that, I had to run some errands (more like to get books and stationery for my nephew/niece) before regrouping to go back to the office. Before that, I went to the loo and lo and behold, my zip gave up on me and I had to ask one of the ladies (did I mention I was in the company of 4 ladies?) to get me safety pins. Talk about wardrobe malfunction! And after lunch with 4 ladies too! I must start exercising more often - sigh. But they were nice about it and recounted their own episodes of wardrobe malfunction. These range from a broken bra strap, a tear in the side of a top and a slit in the skirt. While their wardrobe malfunctions were not in the Janet Jackson category ; ), their sharing helped to mitigate the extreme embarrassment I felt.

So, all in all, I had an eventful Friday. Let's hope the next wardrobe malfunction will be a long time in coming or not at all. But do let me know of your own wardrobe malfunction episodes. Maybe I can do a compilation and the best one wins a drink or something - ha ha ha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being A Dad in My Fifties

Good Friends

Another First